Easy 30 minute recipe
Long bubble baths with just some salts can heal cramps, heartache and just help us relax after a long day. The lengthy exposure to heat from sitting in warm or hot water basically makes your veins wider, makes your blood flow faster and relaxes your muscles.
If, for example, you get injured playing sports, you could take a hot bath with a CBD bath bomb after you’ve taken an ice bath. This is one of the best practices you can follow to help your body wind down and relax to promote your general wellness.
Furthermore, there is no poor mood that a warm bath can’t improve. It’s just harder to be sad and upset in a hot bath, and more so if it’s got a relaxing CBD bomb in it.
CBD Bath Bomb Recipe Plus Step-by-Step Instructions
How do I use it?
CBD bath bombs are no different than any normal bath bomb. Fill up your bath with water at the temperature you find comfortable. Once it’s full, sit in the water and just drop the bath bomb in the water. At this point, you’re encouraged to sit down and let the medicine do its magic while your muscles get a good rest.
We recommend spending a half hour or more soaking in the water with the CBD bomb.
What kind of oil should I use?
As a rule of thumb, never buy a from a brand that isn’t validated and with a healthy amount of positive reviews to back them up. When you buy CBD oil, make sure you get it from a trusted company.
Why should I try it?
CBD is a cannabinoid, which is often extracted from the hemp plant. The benefits of CBD help to support the endocannabinoid system within the body.
Try using CBD oil to create your own bath bomb. A DIY bath bomb is guaranteed to have good ingredients, be organic and more waste-free.
Ingredients (for 4 bath bombs)
- Bath bomb molds or ice cube trays
- 16 oz baking soda
- 8 oz citric acid
- 8 oz Epsom salt
- 8 oz corn starch
- 6 tsp water
- 4 tsp essential oil of your choice (we love tea tree oil)
- Optional: 4-8 drops food coloring
- 1 tsp CBD oil or tincture
- Add all dry ingredients (minus the color if using it) together and mix well.
- In a glass container, add the wet ingredients.
- Carefully, whisk the wet and dry ingredients together and keep whisking slowly. In case you’re using color, now’s a good time to add them.
- At this point, it should feel like wet sand. Squeeze some through your hand and check if it’s the right texture. If it’s still too dry, add just a few squirts of water.
- Fill the ice cube molds or bath bomb molds with the mixture.
- Let it sit for a few hours, or even better, overnight to firm up and enjoy!
- “7 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects).” Healthline, Healthline Media, www.healthline.com/nutrition/cbd-oil-benefits#section9.
- “How to Make CBD Bath Bombs.” CBDsafely.com, cbdsafely.com/cbd-products/how-to-make-cbd-bath-bombs/.
- Jacoby, Sarah. “Do Topical CBD Products Actually Do Anything for Pain?” SELF, www.self.com/story/cbd-for-pain-topical.